Working out doesn't have to be a chore. With just a few tweaks, working out can be fun. Whether you're a mother, a beginner, or always on the go, carving out time for physical exercise may be the fun break you need. Exercising on a regular basis will regulate your mental, emotional, and physical health, allowing you to feel great in the long run. Here are just a few benefits to working out:
- Instant stress relief
- Healthier lifestyle
- Improves your ability to do daily activities
- Reduces the likelihood of heart disease
At first, it can feel challenging to cultivate a daily workout routine. But don't worry, start by taking small daily steps towards an exercise routine. Begin your day with 15-20 minutes of working out, whether it's a quick run or a walk around the neighborhood. Set small, daily goals and build consistency over 1-2 weeks to make it more manageable. After a few weeks of consistently working out, you’ll feel energized and encouraged by your progress.
Stylish activewear not only provide the comfort you’ll need during your workouts, but also a practical and form-flattering fit for agile performance. Anne Cole Active’s trendy workout clothes are constructed for long-term durability and comfort for all your sweat sessions at the gym. Shop Anne Cole's women’s activewear line for trendy styles and looks that will energize you, including v-neck workout tops, athletic yoga leggings, high waist shorts, bike shorts, and athletic jackets, all available in versatile colors that will take you from cycling class to brunch. Comfortable and vibrant workout clothes will make all the difference as you start your workout in all the latest trends.
Read on to learn more about the simple and fun workouts you can do from the convenience of your home! Plus, discover tools and tips to take with you on your fitness journey.
How Can I Make Exercise Fun At Home? Set Up Your Fun Workout Space
Making exercise fun starts with setting up a comfortable space to help you feel ready for your activity. Your workout can be a time just for you because your "me time" matters. It should be a focused time where you engage in physical activity without distractions, calls, or appointments. Try converting your extra room or garage space into an at-home gym. Stock the area with dumbbells and body weights of different shapes and sizes.
Add to the space a punching bag if you're interested in taking up boxing as your next hobby. Hang motivational art and quotes in the room to keep you focused while you work out. Play upbeat music on your Bluetooth speaker as you work out to get into the rhythm of your cardio exercise. Soon, you'll find yourself counting down the hours to a fun, energizing workout session.
Try These Fun Workouts You Can Do At Home
1 ) Pilates
Pilates, a body conditioning workout, was created by a physical trainer named Joseph Pilates to help dancers recover from injuries while strengthening their technique. Now, you can learn pilates with free online videos to improve your health and posture while getting in touch with your body. Search for your favorite pilates video online, lay down your mat, and start moving. All you need is your pilates mat and a water bottle to keep you hydrated during the workout session.
Yoga is a physical exercise that has existed for thousands of years and has been favored for its benefits in relieving the body of stress and tension while improving overall health. There are numerous yoga videos online with videos ranging anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour for each session. Yoga is not just a way to tone and lose weight, but also a way to take care of your mind body, and soul.
There are various yoga styles, including Hatha Yoga, which is a combination of breath and movement, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and more. Whoever one you choose, take a deep breath, lay down on your mat, and get ready to unwind the body and mind.
3) Dance Workout
Dancing can be a fun workout option that can also be social, especially if you invite your friends and family to join you. Create a playlist of your favorite upbeat songs to dance to and move to the rhythm of the beat. Zumba, a fun dance workout created by choreographer Alberto Pérez, involves high-intensity movement with Latin-inspired sounds that will burn hundreds of calories. Turn your daily workout into a Zumba dance party by inviting your loved ones to join in the fun.
4) Bodyweight Exercises
Bodyweight workouts do not require the use of any equipment. Instead, it utilizes your body weight to help you improve your strength. Bodyweight exercises include common fitness moves such as the plank, wall-sit, lunges, or squats, and upper body exercises such as push-ups and jumping jacks. These full bodyweight workouts can be integrated with other at-home workout routines such as yoga, pilates, and more. Doing these bodyweight exercises for 15-30 minutes a day will have you breaking a sweat in no time. Just look up your favorite instructors online to find a bodyweight workout that works best for you.
Workout Tools & Tips to Build Momentum & Consistency
Utilize these tools and tips to help you achieve your fitness goal.
- Buy a smartwatch or download fitness app to track your progress on all your workouts. These workout trackers will allow you to focus on your progress and help you celebrate when you complete a goal or fitness milestone.
- Find an accountability buddy or workout partner. Working out daily with a partner or a friend will keep you motivated on your fitness journey and build up your exercise habit.
- Subscribe to fitness apps. There are numerous apps created by well-known fitness instructors worldwide who want to help you get moving. With a fitness subscription, you'll have access to exclusive content, playlists, or a digital community, to help you feel excited for each workout session.
- Pair fun workouts with healthy eats. Getting into good physical shape is only 20% of the equation. The other 80% comes from your daily diet. Eat well by choosing healthy recipes and foods filled with antioxidants, proteins, good fats, and nutrients. Daily vegetables and fruits will have you feel more energized and ready for your daily workout.
- Use the tools you have. Whether you have a jump rope at home or heavy books to use as weights, be resourceful with what you have so you can get fit at home.
- Lastly, have fun! Laugh, smile, and move your body daily and in any way you can.
- Rest is equally as crucial for your overall physical health. Find balance through breathing exercises, taking a long bath, or stepping outside for a light walk. Take necessary breaks and drink lots of water to rehydrate after your workout.
Working out at home doesn’t require you to spend money on a gym membership. You can have fun working out in the privacy of your own home, on your own time. These fun workout ideas and tips can be a great way to help you get started on your fitness journey. Try them out and let us know how it goes! Read our various guides including our articles on how to find the best bikini for your body type, the best beach towels of the summer, pool party ideas, summer cocktail recipes, and more.